Amalgamated Sugar Co.
Electrician 3rd Class
Amalgamated Sugar is seeking to fill an Electrician 3rd Class position to work at our Nampa Facility. This is a year-round, full-time position offering an excellent benefits package** upon completion of a 60-day probationary period.
The Electrician 3rd Class is responsible for the installation and repair of electrical fixture apparatus, wiring, and controls equipment. The selected candidate will also be responsible for planning new or modified installations intended to provide access for future maintenance and avoid hazardous configurations. Must possess a current Journeyman Electrical License for the State of Idaho.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Must have own set of Electrical Journeyman hand tools.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of various electrical trouble shooting methods used in commercial and manufacturing plant operations.
- Must have the ability and demonstrate willingness to work various hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform a wide range of electrical and repair functions using acceptable troubleshooting methods, arrive at proper solutions, and make necessary repairs in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Be able to review scope of work and report findings to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
- Work Safely and in compliance with standard and company safety policies and procedures.
- The selected candidate must also be able to pass a drug screen and post offer physical agility test.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read blueprints and successfully trouble shoot electrical equipment.
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders and stairs several times per shift.
- Must be able and willing to work both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to work at various heights, using ladders, scaffolding or other equipment as necessary.
- Must possess a current Journeyman Electrical License for the State of Idaho
- Three to five years of experience working in Commercial or Manufacturing environment.
- Be able to identify and properly use several different types of Electrical tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action.
- Repair equipment such as various size motors, generators and turbines or other related process equipment normally found within the scope of a manufacturing plant, such as, but not limited to: 3-phase 480 volt power distribution systems, troubleshoot motor starters and circuit breakers, medium voltage 4160, large electrical generators, troubleshoot control wiring VFD's and PLC's. Must have clear working knowledge of voltmeters, megger, ohm meters, etc.
**Benefits package includes health insurance with no out-of-pocket premiums, paid time off, 401(k), pension, generous vacation, and sick leave accruals.