Digital Media Strategist
Do you have a passion for making Michigan a better place? Want to be part of one of the most distinguished strategic communications teams in Michigan? Want to receive national recognition for your work? Martin Waymire is seeking a social and digital media strategist with excellent writing, digital content strategy and social media advertising experience along with knowledge of and an interest in public policy.
The right candidate will have three or more years of social media management experience including the design, development and execution of digital advertising campaigns, and will share our agency's core focus and passion to "Make Michigan a better place." Experience working in or with state or local government, associations, advocacy organizations, public relations and advertising agencies or a related organization is preferred.
· Experience creating content for and managing advertising campaigns on major social and
digital platforms, including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
· Excellent verbal and written skills; familiarity with AP Style
· Professional writing experience, especially writing for the web, electronic communications
· Experience designing graphics/ads for digital and social campaigns, using design programs
such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) and/or Canva
· Working knowledge of popular website content management systems (WordPress, Drupal,
· Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media
studies, professional writing, business and/or related fields
Our team likes to balance hard work and play. We are adept at working both independently and with a team while successfully balancing multiple projects and deadlines. We also expect our team members to be entrepreneurial by nature and seek opportunities for professional and personal growth, as well as the growth of the agency.
Interested? Send your letter and resume to
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition to paying competitive annual salaries and benefits, Martin Waymire seeks to pay bonuses to all account service and support staff based on their individual performance and the performance of the company. In part, bonuses will be based on the relative success of individual staff members achieving their key accountabilities.