Design/Build Project Manager
The Project Manager (PM) role is accountable for properly organizing, coordinating, and managing Company resources throughout the project lifecycle. This role is responsible for ensuring that the established project execution requirements for safety, quality, scope, schedule, and cost performance are met or exceeded.
The PM role is expected to apply standard design/build processes and construction management tools to enhance the Company's operational effectiveness and margin performance. This role will actively manage and direct the work with a specific focus on project performance against the established project plan while mitigating risk to the Company and our Customers
The PM role is expected to be a team builder by first establishing a healthy team environment for productive collaboration and then actively coaching and mentoring the project team towards success.
Expectations & Objectives:
- Lead and demonstrate safety as a value.
- Drive safety planning, set expectations, and manage project team performance through project execution.
- Lead quality planning and management efforts to eliminate rework.
- Drive schedule performance to meet or beat the milestone finish dates.
- Ensures timely decisions are made for both subcontractor productivity and overall schedule performance.
- Collaborates with project team and identifies opportunities to drive improved productivity, project execution and margin performance.
- Demonstrates timely problem solving and the ability to mitigate risk by implementing solutions.
- Drives continuous improvement to ensure key learnings are understood, documented, and shared.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Creates an environment of trust and respect by establishing and promoting an atmosphere of professionalism, collaboration, and synergy among all stakeholders.
- Communication focused on keeping all internal stakeholders informed of critical matters - no surprises.
- Collaborates with design professionals, clients, subcontractors, and field personnel to address and resolve complex issues.
- Collaborates with the Project Superintendent to drive project safety, quality, and schedule performance.
- Provides leadership to the procurement and contract process, including the document preparation, development of content, issuance, and award by facilitating all administrative requirements with a sense of urgency.
- Provides leadership to the change management process, including the documentation and justification for all changes to ensure the baseline scope/schedule/cost is respected.
- Manages project general conditions and cost of work items to ensure associated costs are recovered for any change event.
- Performs monthly work in progress activities, including cost and revenue forecasting to support accurate project percent complete projections and positive cash flow.
- Provides leadership in schedule management to accurately measure progress against plan through weekly schedule updates.
- Establishes internal/external project team meetings managed by agenda, minutes, and actions to provide for effective communication with project stakeholders.
- Produces routine internal/external reports to communicate project performance in safety, quality, cost, schedule, and risks.
Role Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline and a minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated experience as a Design/Build Project Manager.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving aptitude.
- Ability to work with project stakeholders and field teams to ensure smooth work operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, conversational Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment, including high competency in handling simultaneously occurring tasks.
- Able to achieve operational objectives within set deadline.