Apply for this job now
Cortez Underground Surveyor
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Underground Surveyor to join the Cortez District Team.
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of accurate and timely surveying to the underground mining operations using solid survey practices.
* Proven safe work and attendance record require
* Strong knowledge of surveying principles in surface mining and underground mining
* Minimum of one (1) year surveying work experience, preferably in an underground mining environment
* Knowledge and use of survey software including Deswik or Vulcan
* Experience in the use of survey total stations, cavity monitoring systems, and other hardware
* Well-developed problem-solving skills, with the ability to find solutions with a team or independently Relevant surveying experience in an underground environment required
* Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills required
* Strong math and computer skills required
* Ability to work as part of a team and across different teams to effectively provide a service.
* Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self-accountable for results required
* Perform survey functions in an underground and surface environment in varied terrain and weather conditions.
* Ability to use survey software, Vulcan, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office required
What we can Offer You
* A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
* An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
* Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
* Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Reference: 386581895-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Nevada
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent