Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Copywriter will become fluent in each of the brands in the Terrapin portfolio (Terrapin, Terrapin Care Station, Double Bear, The Woods, Resolute Remedies, and upcoming brands), helping to define the tonality and voice of each brand to ensure that all copy is consistent across multiple consumer touchpoints. The right candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in different stages and across varying timelines. You will be working with a national brand in an emerging industry that reflects a startup environment-fast-paced and ever-changing. The ability to execute creative precision across all projects while staying agile and comfortable with change is essential.
● Develop and improve upon the brand voice for each of the key Terrapin brands and manage how that voice manifests with respect to the medium (print, digital, social) in long, medium, and short form.
● Work with the ECD and creative team to develop and produce creative concepts through to execution. This includes on-going messaging, unique communication opportunities, and creative campaigns for milestone events in the cannabis industry.
● Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met consistently across all content outputs from brand-level messaging to regular promotional communication.
● Propose multiple copy concepts in an engaging way and work with the visual design team to present creative concepts to the ECD that reflect a singular creative approach rather than Art + Copy.
● Take creative direction and provide multiple creative solutions to a challenge.
● Collaborating with PR and communication departments to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials including internal messaging and blog posts.
● See projects through the whole creative lifecycle, from inception to deployment.
● 4+ years of experience as a Mid-level Copywriter. Zero creative ego.
● A creative degree is not required if you have a strong portfolio that exhibits an exceptional understanding of advertising and brand communication across multiple mediums.
● Experience producing copy for print, digital, and social channels.
● Proven success in producing copy for advertising or marketing campaigns.
● Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time.
● Experience working in the cannabis industry is a plus but not required if you're agile and comfortable with on-going change.