33963BR Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, is seeking a Construction and Maintenance Technician
in the Mobile, Alabama area.
Safety is number 1 at Air Products and Chemicals. An independent work environment will require you to demonstrate an extremely high standards of safety performance, both while performing activities at our systems or customer sites, and while driving company vehicle. Field Construction and Maintenance Technicians are among those employees with the highest exposure to our customers. As such, all grade levels of Technicians will present a professional appearance, confidence, and demeanor at all times.
This position will be primarily Construction but when Construction work is not available the maintenance of our systems will be performed by this position. This position will comprise of 2-4 days per week of out of town travel. This position requires technical competency, including the ability to startup, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cryogenic and gases product storage systems. You must have a strong technical background, an ability to read technical drawings and a true focus on safety. Responsibility to install product storage, processing and delivery equipment at or for customer sites.
You need to be familiar with gaseous and cryogenic piping systems, valves, tanks and equipment primarily in LOX/LIN/LAR and LHY service. Excellent project skills in the area of scope development, customer interface, and overall project management a plus. Equipment selection, crane coordination, transportation scheduling, installation, startup support, contractor/maintenance tech supervision and customer training are keys to success in this position.
You must be able to work independently and have good communication skills as he will be dealing directly with our customers.
You must be independent, motivated and able to handle numerous projects at once. Good organizational skills are a must. Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 year's experience in construction and maintenance.
- Independent and motivated person, able to handle numerous projects at once.
- Good communication skills a must (both verbal and written).
- Good organization skills.
- Will need to pass a service/pickup truck road test while pulling a trailer and have a clean driving record. Technician will use a Company-issued vehicle for business purposes only.
- Familiar with piping systems, valves, tanks and equipment.
- Excellent project skills in the area of scope development, customer interface, and overall project management a plus.
- Possess and demonstrate strong internal and external customer interface skills and aptitude.
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Demonstrate Safety aptitude and willingness to learn/be coachable
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, InfoPath
- Install product storage, processing and delivery equipment at or for customer sites.
- Accurate cost reporting for both materials and labor expenditures.
- Knowledgeable in equipment selection, crane coordination, transportation scheduling, installation, startup support, contractor/maintenance tech supervision and customer training are keys to success in this position.
- Practice and demonstrate working knowledge of safe rigging and lifting procedures.
- Understand the properties, behavior, and hazards of the products he/she is likely to encounter.
- Exhibit basic project management skills, including where appropriate, equipment and materials selection, contractor supervision, system startup and operational readiness procedures, and proper system technical and commercial documentation.
- Demonstrate quality brazing techniques
- Demonstrate and practice safe handling of hand tools and hand power tools typically and commonly used in installation and maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and explain engineering drawings, flow sheets, equipment layout, piping drawings, and electrical controls schematics.
- Excellent communication skills; technical writing, phone etiquette and email.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit .
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.Job Title
Construction and Maintenance Technician Employment Status
Full Time Location
United States Region
North America Organization
Global Industrial Gases Business Sector / Division
Industrial Gases Americas