Earn on avg $31.09/hr
6050 - Tallahassee - 3500 W Tennessee St, Tallahassee, Florida, 32304
CarMax, the way your career should be! Delivering satisfaction, every day
At CarMax, we want to give our customers a great experience, whether they are buying or selling a vehicle. And that starts with the way we collect and deliver inventory. As a Fleet driver for CarMax, you will need more than just loading and driving skills. Every day, you will engage with vendors and associates, ensuring the best possible experience for our customers. And since we know time at home is important, we strategically develop routing to have our drivers home every night.What you will do - Essential responsibilities
Be part of the team that's driving up standards
- Load, transport and off-load CarMax vehicles at various locations to ensure the right vehicle is in the right place at the right time for our CarMax teams and customers
- Carry out daily equipment inspections to ensure our transport operations run smoothly and safely
- Maintain all necessary DOT logs and documentation
We're setting new standards for the auto industry, and that includes the challenges and rewards offered at CarMax. Driving a company-owned truck, you will transport vehicles between vendors, distribution hubs and stores. More than a driver, you will be the face of CarMax, making the most of your strong communication and teamwork skills. In addition to true job satisfaction, you will enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and car purchase discounts.Qualifications and requirements
- Valid state-issued commercial driver's license Class A (CDL)
- Driving record with no more than 6 penalty points within the last three years
- Ability to meet DOT-mandated medical qualification requirements
- Lift heavy objects and winch transported vehicles during the loading process
- Proficiency in operating a 10-speed transmission
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Good communication skills
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.