Apply for this job now
Carlin Senior UG Geologist
- Carlin, Nevada
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Are you a Geology professional who is looking for career growth? Nevada Gold Mines' (NGM) Mineral Resource Management team has the perfect opportunity for you!
At NGM, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Underground Geologist at our flagship Leeville operations.
At NGM, we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
* Refine geological interpretation and complete model updates of mine and district models identifying ore controlling structures.
* Supervision, coordination, and peer review of the ore control team in the execution of business plan, digital UG mapping, ore blend/tracking management, and de-risk drilling.
* Collaborate with operations, mine engineering, metallurgy/process, safety, and environment in the execution of the business plan
* Perform field work and assessments
* Generate weekly and monthly mine production and ore reconciliation reports
* Participate in, coordinate, and/or lead the implementation of key initiatives
* Provide a strong contribution to the site safety culture and programs, encouraging and ensuring others do the same
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor of Science degree in Geology required
* Seven+ years of experience, with minimum five years in a mining/production type role required
* Experience in production in hard rock mining and gold deposits preferred
* Firm grasp of structure and stratigraphic controls on ore bodies a plus
* Proven proficiency in with mine planning, 3D modelling and database management (e.g. Leapfrog, Vulcan, AcQuire, Deswik) required
* Proven ability to communicate optimally; both verbally and in writing required
* Team leader with the ability to work collaboratively within a coordinated and agile multidisciplinary team, regardless of reporting structure required
* Ability to work with minimum supervision required
* Excellent safety record with ability to demonstrate safety leadership required
What We Can Offer You
* A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
* An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
* Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
* Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
* Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Reference: 386583025-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Carlin, Nevada
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent