Job Req Number: []
The Business Analyst with a strong Financial background will join a team to generate insights that will guide our operational strategy and day to-day-execution. The Business Analyst role will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. This position will work closely with the operations team to shape the structure and support the business.
This position requires high judgment, excellent analytical abilities, a creative mind to invent solutions to improve the customer delivery experience; it also offers broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams across DSV.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our operational decisions.
* Apply data mining, quantitative analysis, and statistical models to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals.
* Collaborate and partner across the organization to develop best practices for your function and advocate for improvements in enterprise-wide tools.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Work closely with Management on important issues and projects.
* Assess and document existing business procedures. Develop recommendations for new methods / procedures, implementation plans, schedules and written reports for management to evaluate.
* Maintain recordkeeping database and produce reports.
* Review reports and recommend productivity and efficiency improvements.
* Research and analyze other comparable organizations / operation.
* Support Business reviews for strategic client by developing and presenting materials to illustrate DSV's performance and value creation.
* Analyze business cases and existing data to identify new cost savings initiatives to develop in to case studies for presentation to client.
* Develop client relationship management skills via involvement in implementation support, AQP meetings, Deep Dives, Business Reviews, etc.
* Responsible for the design, development and implementation of IT solutions across functions.
* Work closely with business leaders and clients to analyze and document client requirements and develop and implement best practice, consistent, standardized IT Solutions.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree.
* 2 years' experience in Warehouse or Distribution Operations preferred with emphasis in Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Business, or Sales and Marketing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Employee must possess excellent computer skills but not limited to MS Office Suite (including Exvel pivot tables and formulas), Windows, or Visio.
* English (Reading, Writing, and Verbal).
* Ability to handle basic statistical control methods.
* Willingness to take personal responsibility for actions and the delivery of results
* Ability to adhere to standards
* Internally motivated and works well under pressure
* Strong problem solving and decision making skills
* Ability to follow proper communication channels to initiate action
* Ability to effectively manage own time, multi-task, and prioritize for optimal output
* Continually seeking process improvement and innovation
* Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems.
* Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to implement and validate corrective and preventative actions
* MS Office (Access, Excel, pivot tables) expertise
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate and motivate self and others.
* Willing to ask questions to gain a better understanding of requirements and develop continuous improvement ideas.
* Comfortable communicating with individuals throughout all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment. Must work well across multiple units across the company.
* Understanding of the company's business strategy, vision and operations as well as regional working relationships.
* Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of Client specific strategic objectives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to cold, warm, hot humidity weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
I understand that I am responsible for adhering to DSV Safety and Quality programs in performing the essential functions assigned on this job description. I understand that I am responsible for complying with and incorporating safety, quality, and performance into my job.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at