Join a team that puts its People First! As member of First American's family of companies, Mortgage Solutions provides lenders with solutions to originate, close and service quality loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
The role requires supporting several initiatives related to building, extending, and maintaining a comprehensive recording platform. As a Business Analyst, you'll collaborate with various stakeholders to assess business needs, analyze and document business requirements. You will also support the facilitation of discovery sessions across multiple business divisions. Providing diplomatic and timely communication in an agile environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles will also be required of this role.
* Possess solid analytical skills to acquire thorough understanding of business needs and translate them into process, project, and operational requirements.
* Independently and proactively identify bottlenecks/issues and collaborate with the various teams to resolve them.
* Plan and lead meetings/information gathering sessions and document stakeholder discussions.
* Create and manage project plans to effectively communicate progress towards the goals.
* Conduct business requirement reviews and develop functional specifications.
* Serve as a liaison between different cross-functional teams ensuring streamlined communication.
* Track, analyze, and report on metrics used to determine project performance, productivity, staffing needs, or other measures deemed valuable to the team.
* Review and perform root cause analysis of errors/issues and provide both short- and long-term solutions in consensus with the stakeholders.
* Adept in project/life cycle management tools (like Jira) to create plans, diagrams, epics, user stories, backlog items etc.
* A true team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication.
* Strong attention to detail and effective communication skills for writing reports/proposals, interacting with clients, and making presentations.
* Bachelor's degree in applicable field of study.
* 4+ years of experience in business analysis/requirement gathering.
* Experience using project/lifecycle management tools like Jira, Asana, DevOps etc.
* Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, QuickSight etc.
* Familiarity with data querying and manipulation via SQL.
* Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
* Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Process especially Agile.
* Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.