Apply for this job now
- Duluth, Minnesota
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
To elicit, document, analyze, and recommend solutions and product requirements based on the business needs of stakeholders, including customers, partners, and internal co-workers. This includes interviewing stakeholders, gathering and compiling requirements to convey to the development teams throughout the software development life cycle. The Business Analyst will also help support the agile development process, and to confirm that sprint team objectives are met. This position supports product managers and has the opportunity to advance into more senior product management roles.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Consults with the business to understand the context of product issues or development requests, including identifying issues, current and desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
* Documents requirements (business, user and software) and confirms connection to the business vision established by leadership.
* Develops stories and user acceptance criteria for sprint teams.
* Manage requirements communications with business and project stakeholders.
* Confirms the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
* Drafts and reviews business, user and non-functional/system level requirements
* Documents and confirms change management procedures are followed.
* Performs detailed UAT testing.
* Communicates changes and new features to internal teams.
* Understands and can utilize the appropriate methods to elicit and document requirements
* Documents the procedures for how the requirements will be managed
* Recommends the appropriate analysis and specification; confirming approach with supervisor before proceeding
* Understands and documents change requests related to requirements to assess overall impact
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* Strong ability to learn and understand system knowledge and experience in delivering IT solutions, providing comprehensive system advice and understanding user requirements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to gather, understand, document and analyze business requirements and support the business to envision future state and what they need to change to support it
* Experience in UAT Testing
* Experience writing and reviewing business requirements
* Experience in written and verbal communications and requirements management with geographically global dispersed project stakeholders
* Experienced in developing relationships with stakeholders with different ranks and backgrounds
* Adhere to formal business analysis methods and tools to manage and control requirements
- Job Reference: 386581346-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: CINC Systems
- Location: Duluth, Minnesota
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
- Job Type: Permanent