6855 Appling Farms Pkwy, Bartlett, Tennessee 38133 Job Description
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"Position Overview
Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers in a Telemarketing Sales Environment.Responsibilities
1. Sells residential lawn care services tailored to the needs of customers in a Telemarketing Sales Environment, including weed control, fertilization, and/or insect control, as well as specialized services, to achieve weekly sales goals.
2. Generates additional sales revenue by cross-selling and up-selling to current customers.
3. Compiles lists of potential customers for use as sales leads based on information from direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
4. Prepares and develops an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections.
5. Calls to contact potential customers to explain type and value of services or products.
6. Quotes prices, negotiates with customer, and closes the sale. Collects customer contact information for every sale.
7. Estimates date of service for customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
8. Prepares and maintains accurate sales reports.
9. Conducts customer retention and service calls after service is completed.Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Nimble Learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Certification as required by federal, state or local law
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Consultative sales skills and abilities by phone and in-person
- Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, closing sales)
- Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
- Ability to build customer relationships and provide customer service
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry skills with a computer and/or a mobile device
- Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
- Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
- Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Noise level - Low to moderate
- Adverse Conditions - Minimal
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation, Click Here .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.