801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Seamer I position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate a flux core sub-arc welding seamer and place a continuous seamed weld on one or two sides of the shafts. This person will effect repairs and ensure quality prior to submitting the shaft for inspection by quality. This person will be required to work on projects alone or in a team environment. Additionally, you will...
* Work from the directions of the supervisor to move pole shafts into the seaming processor, set up and operate the sub-arc welder
* Weld, grind, and repair each pole prior to presenting it to the Quality Inspectors. This person will also repair all seaming defects as directed by the Quality Inspectors
* Perform most of the work individually on a seamer. Essential tools and welding equipment will be provided, however, accountability and maintenance will be the employee's responsibility
* Work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time product without manufacturing errors
* Perform other duties as directed by leaders and management
* Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
* Incumbent to pass an AWS welder qualification test and be able to use the seamer sub-arc welding equipment without difficulty
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of welding properties of a variety of metals and alloys
* A thorough knowledge of welding procedures and practices are essential to ensure the quality of the product. This will include the ability to calculate formula using basic mathematics, standard U.S. and Metric Measurements
* Knowledgeable of Valmont's quality procedures, standards, and practices and will be aware of Valmont's environmental policies
* At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Graduation from an accredited trade school
* One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification
* A high awareness for safety at all times
* Ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .