Apply for this job now
Assistant Property Manager
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
POSITION: Assistant Community Manager (Full-Time, Non-Exempt)
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate, plus Benefits and Bonus eligibility
As an Assistant Community Manager, you are primarily responsible for providing comprehensive support in all aspects of community operations, including sales, leasing, inventory analysis, budgeting and reporting, property management, rent collection, customer service, maintenance and administrative activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
* Consistently achieves property occupancy goals.
* Ensures that Lead Tracking Solutions follow-up steps and data entry are completed daily at the community level.
* Assists in giving leasing tours, answering leasing phone calls and processing online inquiries as needed.
* Ensures efficient and courteous response to all resident requests.
* Assists the Community Manager in designing and implementing a resident retention program, i.e., a newsletter, resident referral program or social activities.
* Maintains inventory and orders all necessary administrative supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
* Responsible for the efficient and timely reporting, maintenance and submission of all administrative forms, files and reports.
* Reports any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
* Assists in lease audits when present at a community.
* Ensures that the community maintains all compliance regulations.
* Assists the Community Manager in interviewing, screening and hiring of any potential employee at the community.
* Assists the Community Manager in subsequent orientation, training and scheduling of all Team Members.
* Assists the Community Manager in any disciplinary or promotional recommendations with regard to all office personnel.
* Seeks educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
* Participates in Cardinal U training as required.
* Thorough knowledge of leasing techniques and sales for conventional multi-family housing.
* Maintains a consistent level of professional customer service.
* Prior experience in multi-family housing and community relations preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of Cardinal Group policies and procedures and community policies.
* Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Working knowledge of Entrata is preferred.
* Available to work weekends.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel locally between work sites.
* Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal Core Values every day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents work in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, or squat. The Team Member is often required to sit. The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver office products and supplies of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Routine local travel may be required to attend training classes, client visits, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Non-routine, overnight travel may be required to attend company functions, training, property visits, and other situations necessary for the accomplishment of special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.
- Job Reference: 386581088-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Cardinal Group Companies
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property
- Job Type: Permanent