Apply for this job now
Area Maintenance Manager - Shreveport, LA
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- 7 Feb 2024
Apply for this job now
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Area Maintenance Managers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The Area Maintenance Manager will lead a team of facilities associates and ensure a safe working environment for all.
If you do not meet 100% of the preffered qualifications outlined in this job description, we still encourage you to apply. We understand that skills and competencies can be gained in many ways and we are primarily interested in a demonstrated commitment to the work and the potential to grow. Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying.
Key job responsibilities
- Dedicated to supporting multi-site production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Develop and design solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies
- Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals
- Ensuring that all safety programs and procedures are followed, develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations
- Develop business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans
- Help to develop, set and track budgets
- Understand and implement safety programs
- Successful candidates must have the ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination
- Mentor all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond
- Project planning and cost analysis
- The Area Maintenance Manager promotes and conducts good housekeeping
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Shreveport, LA, USA
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS- Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil)
- Willing to travel up to 50 miles to different sites
- Leadership experience
- Experience in project management
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit .
- Job Reference: 1232706008-2
- Date Posted: 7 February 2024
- Recruiter: Amazon
- Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
- Salary: On Application