Administrative Assistant-Huntsman Cancer Hospital
Requisition Number 48790
Employment Type Full-Time
Work Schedule 8-5
Location Name Huntsman Cancer Hospital
Patient Care? No
City SALT LAKE CITY
Department HCH CST 60C ANCIL CLINIC SPRT
Category Clerical / Office Support Overview
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position is responsible for providing complex administrative support for department management. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the work of support staff. This position is not responsible for providing care to patients.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes. Responsibilities
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Assists department with business planning and goal setting.
- Assists with the development of department budgets.
- Schedules, plans and coordinates the work actions of support staff.
- Maintains budget records, such as reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure statements.
- Collects, organizes and analyzes data for specialized reports.
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of operating reports.
- Assists with the implementation of department and University policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support to upper level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences, and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Assists with department projects and support as needed.
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices.
Qualifications (Preferred) Working Conditions and Physical Demands Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- Three years of full time office experience.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.