Apply for this job now
Administrative Assistant - HR
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Start Your Application
Job Title: Administrative Assistant - HR
Department: Human Resources
Office Name: Seaboard Marine - Medley
Address: 8001 NW 79th Ave
Postal Code: 33166
This position involves the responsibility of performing administrative functions that provide support to the Human Resources Department. Will also provide assistance to the manager of the department assigned to in carrying out general office functions that are routine in nature and are performed in accordance with general work instructions and established office practices, procedures and precedents. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish). Thorough knowledge of business English and Spanish, including proper spelling and punctuation.
* Intermediate skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in Power Point systems are a plus.
* Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public. Well-developed interpersonal skills.
* Handle multiple phone lines.
* Strong time management skills. Must be able to prioritize.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Thorough knowledge of offices practices, procedures and proper usage of office equipment.
* Skill in composition and preparation of correspondence, reports, minutes and other written materials with accuracy and reasonable speed.
* Ability to perform and prioritize a variety of administrative assignments with minimal supervision.
* High School diploma is required.
* One (1) year minimum experience working as an Administrative Assistant in a fast paced office environment.
* Knowledge of bookkeeping and/or basic accounting.
* Some college education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares reports requested by the department manager, where information may be obtained from a variety of sources.
* Type letters and memoranda with supervisor's guidance. Proofreads documents for grammar edits, obtains necessary signatures and routes appropriately.
* Produces photocopies and operates fax machine as required by supervisor and follows up with contacting party to assure receipt of such.
* Receives and opens correspondence for the department manager.
* Answers all incoming telephone calls for the department manager and directs them as necessary. Delivers messages as necessary.
* Receives and screens all office visitors for department manager.
* Arranges meetings and conferences for department manager as instructed.
* Updates departmental filing system as needed.
* Prepares and submits purchase requests for supplies needed by the department. Follows up to assure that supplies ordered are received in a timely manner.
* Calls Purchasing Assistant when service calls are needed for office machines and building problems that need repair. Follows up in assuring issues are addressed in a timely manner.
* Prepares courier packages and airway bills when packages and documents need to be delivered.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use his/her fingers.
* The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
* The employee is continuously required to sit.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Report safety hazards
* Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
* Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
* Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
* Refuse any unsafe task or operation
* Participate in safety meetings and training
* Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Manager (report indirectly to Human Resources Director). May provide assistance to other employees within the department in the performance of clerical duties. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
* Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually busy due to open areas and telephones.
* The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
* The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change
- Job Reference: 386579611-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Seaboard Corporation
- Location: Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent