As an AP Manager, you oversee the Accounts Payable team. You will be responsible for a variety of general accounting functions as well as providing accounting support for senior staff if needed.
- Review A/P including checks, ACH and wires in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring invoices have proper approvals, correct calculations and match printed checks
- Oversee the 1099 process
- Mentor and coach a team of AP Specialists in their current roles and provide guidance on how to grow their careers with the team
- Provide process improvements as necessary
- Supervise the company's expense accounts (Pcards, banking relationships, and expense reporting)
- Addressing vendor inquiries in a timely, positive and collaborative manner
- Manage the setting up new vendors and maintain vendor files to make sure information is complete and accurate, including obtaining W-9 documents
- Assist with month close duties including journal entries and reconciliations
- Support the month-end close
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of SAP, NetSuite, Oracle or any large ERP System
- Experience using a T&E system like Concur or Expensify
- Advanced Excel skills - VLOOKUP's, Pivot Tables, generating and manipulating large sets of data for reports
- Understanding of GAAP accounting standards
- Detail oriented
- Good work ethic and displays a can do type of attitude
- We have direct relationships with hiring managers, so you can expect that we proactively market your skill-set to prospective clients that we mutually agree make sense-promoting your strengths to our client relationships.
- If you are available immediately to begin a consulting engagement with Vaco, and you want to partner with the best consulting firm in the Triangle, apply today to learn more, gain market insights, and join our growing consulting base.