Our client is a fast-growing distribution company based in Central NJ. This is a great opportunity to join the Accounting team in an Accounting Mgr capacity. This role will report directly to the Senior Management and interfaces frequently with the COO and President. The primary responsibilities of this role will include overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations, assist with preparing monthly financial statements, intercompany transactions and special projects as needed. This is an awesome opportunity to join a company that is projecting large growth moving forward.
This position is 5 days a week in the office! Local candidates only.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for General ledger maintenance including accruals, adjusting entries, account reconciliations, accruals, depreciation and amortization, prepaid expenses, and Intercompany transactions
* Maintain fixed asset schedules
* Assist team with financial reporting.
* Review accounting classifications prior to GL posting to ensure accuracy. Review the vendor's invoices approval, coding and posting to QuickBooks. Assist AP Department with bi-weekly AP check run and be responsible for vendor maintenance.
* QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks Enterprise experience is a must!
* 5-7 years hands-on corporate accounting experience
* Exceptional software skills including strong excel skills
* Experience with reconciliations, accruals, and strong general ledger skills.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
The company has a great benefits plan! Top-notch medical, dental and 401k!